Re: Q to all candidates: spending money

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 06:44:45PM +0000, Neil McGovern wrote:
> * Outreach. Every team complains (quite rightly!) about the lack of
> people to do the work. Yet we seem to be rather poor at actively
> recruiting people to come and do things for us. Outreachy is a great
> initiative, and I would love to see a Debian Apprentice scheme (though
> that's probably a bit of a stretch goal!)

So, to be clear: would you authorize to use regular Debian funds to
sponsor Debian participation into Outreachy (which costs ~6000 USD per
intern), rather than going necessarily through dedicated fund raising
campaigns at each edition?

Considering that there are 2 Outreachy sessions per years, how many
slots per year do you think it would be sensible funding on general
Debian funds?

(And of course doing the above wouldn't rule out running dedicated fund
raising campaigns to sponsor *extra* slots.)

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .