Re: Q to all candidates: dropping SC §5

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 09:31:03AM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> So, the only way I could see the drop of SC §5 as a worthwhile goal,
> is if we also removed non-free (and possibly contrib) too.

I respect this point of view, even though I disagree with it: I think it
is desirable to drop SC §5, without (at least at the same time) dropping
contrib/non-free from our infrastructure.

But let's embrace your point of view for now! It seems to me that doing
so result in the impossibility to *ever* drop SC §5. Because:

- The only way to drop SC §5 is by voting, and we know from experience
  that voting on something does not make the needed volunteer to
  implement the vot (= getting rid of contrib/ non-free) magically
  appear out of thin air.

- On the other hand, contrib/non-free cannot be removed while SC §5 is
  still around.

Should I conclude that you consider impossible to ever drop SC §5?

Thanks for your time!
Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .