Re: Gergely and Wouter: on the need of becoming a DPL

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:

> So, I've given this some thought, and I think I understand why we seem
> to be talking two different languages here.

Thank you for thinking and responding.

[…]
> I hope that explains it. If not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to tell
> you that I don't believe I can give you an answer which will satisfy
> you.

The issue, as I see it, with this back-and-forth:

Your platform doesn't give any concrete idea of what you expect to do
differently from other DPL candidates. It talks about vision and focus
and atmosphere and many other nebulous things, but says nothing about
what you would do differently in the DPL office.

The ensuing thread has provided no more enlightenment.

This indicates either that you don't have any concrete, specific ideas
about what to do differently, or that you don't intend to discuss those
ideas publicly with the people deciding whether to vote for you.

Whether an individual voter is satisfied with your response, I leave up
to the individual.

--
 \       “Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who |
  `\   speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel.” —Ambrose |