Re: Gergely and Wouter: on the need of becoming a DPL

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 07:33:06AM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
> > I will try to be a DPL who will care a bit less about the letter of
> > the constitution or the letter of the social contract, than about the
> > people and the job that needs doing.
> >
> > Can I be more specific than that? Probably, but I'd rather not do
> > that.
> The above (and the rest of your message) doesn't give any specifics of
> what you plan to *do* as DPL, though.

No, because (as I've said before) there is no detailed plan. In fact, I
don't think you can plan a lot as DPL, since it's a job where the work
is thrown at you, rather than that you need to go look for it.

> > Yes, I could start picking up specific things that have happened during
> > the past two years and start slinging mud about it in Stefano's general
> > direction, but I don't think that's very helpful.
> Right. No-one has asked for that.
> You've been asked several times for the actions you plan to take, and
> it's distressing to see you avoid the question like this.

I honestly don't see what more I could tell you, without making up
examples. I do *not* want to do that, because that will always be
contrived and missing the point.

I've told you several times now what I plan to do as DPL: I intend to
copy the things from Stefano's way of working that I think make sense
(mostly in how he's done his communication), but I will focus less on
procedures and more on the people that make up the project.

What more do you want? There is nothing more to say than that.

the following formula:

pi zz a