Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2011: Call for nominations

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:02:58AM +0000, Enrico Zini wrote:
> If you end up being the whole candidate,

It ended up being the case, apparently.

> it could be interesting to turn 'talk about the platform' into a 'talk
> about how to improve on last year (if at all possible)'.
>
> ...which might not be just limited to 'things Zack can do better', but
> also 'things the rest of Debian can do better in order make the DPL do
> better'.

I'm a bit late with the platform and I hope I'll be able to pass it to
Kurt by the end of the week-end.  Given the particular circumstances, I
believe I'll reduce the energy spent on platform preparation in favor of
the two aspects of discussions you mention above. I agree with you that
they have potential to be very useful.

So, if anyone have (constructive…) criticism on what did not work well
in my DPL-ing during this term, this is the time to speak up. Let alone
specific decisions, I doubt my overall "style" in dealing with the task
will change much, so you should already know what to expect. If you want
it to change somehow, your best chance is speaking up now.

Cheers.

PS I still believe that an election with only one candidate (+ NOTA) is
   not healthy for democracy. If anyone has last minute second thoughts
   about nominating themselves, please let me know. I'm open to the
   possibility of retiring, in order to restart the process and have
   more than one candidate in the actual election.