Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2011: Call for nominations

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> A mudslinging party is not something to aim for. But if it turns out
> that there are differing views on important project-wide issues within
> Debian, and there are candidates for each side of some discussion,
> then having an intense debate over these issue within the rituals of
> the campaigning, summarized by platforms and rebuttals, for those not
> following d-vote, and ended by a project-wide election seems to be
> better than some endless discussions between few people on d-devel or
> d-project.

You are missing the point. Nobody is against a heated debate about our
goals and issues.

> But this year, of course, it would already be nice if we would not
> make zack talk to himself during campaigning :-)

Personally I am thrilled to see, at last and for once, the whole project
agree on something. This must mean zack is a truly exceptional person.

--
 .''`.
: :' :  As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.