Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2011: Call for nominations

Hi,

On Freitag, 11. März 2011, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> A mudslinging party is not something to aim for.

Right.

> But if it turns out
> that there are differing views on important project-wide issues within
> Debian, and there are candidates for each side of some discussion, then
> having an intense debate over these issue within the rituals of the
> campaigning, summarized by platforms and rebuttals, for those not
> following d-vote, and ended by a project-wide election seems to be
> better than some endless discussions between few people on d-devel or
> d-project.
>
> If we want to keep Debian known as one of the most democratic Free
> Software projects, then we should not discourage a lively debate, when
> there is need for it.

Absolutly. But I also absolutly dont see, why this has to turn into a
mudslinging party. One can disagree very much and very fiercly,
without "mudslinging". At least thats what I expect from people running for
DPL.

"We argue with passion, so we punch each other in the stomach" doesnt make any
sense to me.

cheers,
	Holger .oO( "war is just a more lively discussion". no. )