Re: Question for DD candidates: The race against NOTA

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:07:32PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Of course - But we do have a press team. If we were to lack a Leader,
> the press team would just become the contact point for the press,
> right?

Right, but the difference is in "directionality".

The press team puts into use their abilities to communicate properly
something which has been decided by others entities of the project which
are entitled to take the actual decision (specific teams or the DDs as a
whole by the means of a GR). The press team however cannot answer to
specific questions on behalf of the project, whereas the DPL can.

Of course the DPL should not be pressed into _taking_ decision by the
question he/she receives. The DPL, being a _representative_ role towards
the world, should only reply on subjects which have been already decided
upon by other project entities. But that's a different matter.

Cheers.