Re: Question for DD candidates: The race against NOTA

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:32:22PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> So, today is April 15, and our Secretary prepares for a very difficult
> announcement: There is a majority of votes for NOTA. Or we didn't
> reach quorum. Or whatever you fancy - But the result is, none of the
> four candidates won the election.
>
> As per Constitution 5.2.4, the vote should be repeated, as many times
> as needed. Lets just assume it was different: The project has voted
> not to have a leader anymore.
>
> What would be different if there was no leader? Where would the
> project lose more? Would it gain in some aspect?

The DPL has always been a job of coordination: when important decisions
were made that involved loads of stuff, often the DPL would be included
in that decision, even if he didn't have any prior knowledge of the
subject.

This is valuable, because it means the DPL knows at least a bit about
loads of the goings-on in the project, and can have two (groups of)
people talk to eachother if (s)he thinks that would help them both out
and they didn't know about eachother.

We would lose such coordination, which I think is quite important.

Also, we would lose a single face to the project, as Toni already
mentioned.

trying to fool the system.