Re: Firmware

On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 13:58 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 11:48:58AM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> > What do people think of a new vote regarding the status of firmware?
> > One of the options can probably be Peter Palfrader's proposal [1].
>
> I'm very much in favor of having this vote early in the release cycle,
> and I was pondering about proposing it myself. Ideally, my goal would
> have been to have a vote on the issue in general, without any
> release-specific option. Peter's option is the main option I would
> like to see in, what else did you have in mind?

Absolutely I'm in favor of having the decision now, calmly.

My fear is that it won't matter what we do; the partisans of semi-free
Debian will not get everything they want (simply because nobody ever
does), and then will scream as the release is near that we must again
have special exceptions.  I hope I can be proved wrong.

Thomas