Re: Firmware

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 11:48:58AM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> What do people think of a new vote regarding the status of firmware?
> One of the options can probably be Peter Palfrader's proposal [1].

I'm very much in favor of having this vote early in the release cycle,
and I was pondering about proposing it myself. Ideally, my goal would
have been to have a vote on the issue in general, without any
release-specific option. Peter's option is the main option I would
like to see in, what else did you have in mind?

IIRC, most of the participants in the pre-Lenny GR discussion was very
keen of settling the issue once and for all just after the Lenny
release. So I think you can just go ahead proposing Peter's text and
see what other options pop up.

Cheers.