Re: Overriding vs Amending vs Position statement

On Fri May 01 11:56, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > So I don't really see what we should vote on unless someone
> > disagrees with above interpretations?
>
> The only question resides with the effect of passing such position
> statements. Without modifying foundation documents or the
> constitution, they are effectively non-binding advisory statements
> when operating within areas that are the remit of foundation documents
> or the constitution.

Indeed and there is the case of temporary exceptions. Does saying "we
will release with non-free stuff" involve modifying a foundation
document? I would say yes. Does saying "we will release Lenny with
non-free stuff" involve modifying a foundation document? There seems to
be less agreement on this. I think it does, but the previous discussion
showed that some people disagree.

Anyway, I'm going to try and push that discussion a bit more in a
couple of hours, so probably best to discuss in that context

--
Matthew Johnson