Re: Supermajority first?

Kurt Roeckx wrote:
On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 06:43:56PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
For instance, it would be very useful to know whether the current
secretary would consider Peter's proposal on firmware to require super
majority or not. If the secretary does _not_ think it will imply
supermajority, it would be pointless to delay the vote on the basis of
that.

So, Kurt, what's your take on it?

So, the problematic parts are:
"1. firmware in Debian does not have to come with source."
"2. we however do require all other freedoms that the DFSG
mandate from components of our operating system"

If you only look at the first, you could interprete it as
a position statement, but even then it's not clear that
it's a position statement or not.

It appears you either don't agree with my other post or did not read it as there is no interpretation needed to see if something is a position statement.

Cheers

Luk