Re: Overriding vs Amending vs Position statement

On Fri, 01 May 2009, Luk Claes wrote:
> A position statement is a decided on proposal that clarifies the
> position of the Debian project, but does not explicitly amend a
> foundation document.

[...]

> So I don't really see what we should vote on unless someone
> disagrees with above interpretations?

The only question resides with the effect of passing such position
statements. Without modifying foundation documents or the
constitution, they are effectively non-binding advisory statements
when operating within areas that are the remit of foundation documents
or the constitution.

Developers can ignore (or follow) such statements as they wish.

Furthermore, the statements must be non-technical.

Don Armstrong

--
Filing a bug is probably not going to get it fixed any faster.
 -- Anthony Towns