Re: Bits from the release team and request for discussion

2009/8/11 Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>
[deletia]

I do not trust a majority of people – regardless of the people – to make
an appropriate managerial decision. We have people in charge, who take a
lot of time to remain informed of the status of various subsystems in
Debian so that they can make informed decisions. If we replace them by a
majority’s vote, you can expect the decisions to be wrong.

It is also challenging to get a large group of people well enough informed to make a decision worthy of the effort.

Cheers