Re: Bits from the release team and request for discussion

Le mardi 11 août 2009 à 15:08 -0500, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
>         Perhaps you should look at this less confrontationally. The vote
>  is a non-binding recommendation, it is an information gathering vote
>  where people provide feedback to the release team; by voting for the
>  option that best suits their development plans.
>
>         Based on the outcome, the release team can come to an *informed*
>  decision. By objecting to the vote, you might be making the tasks of
>  the release team harder, by denying them information from the project
>  at large.

I do not trust a majority of people – regardless of the people – to make
an appropriate managerial decision. We have people in charge, who take a
lot of time to remain informed of the status of various subsystems in
Debian so that they can make informed decisions. If we replace them by a
majority’s vote, you can expect the decisions to be wrong.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :