Re: All candidates: Membership procedures

On 25/03/09 at 10:39 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 09:44:05AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > I also saw mass updates of Vcs-* fields by a recent contributor which
> > implies as many entries in debian/changelog, yet very few real packaging
> > experience associated to all those uploads.
> >
> > The data would be useful but we need humam judgment at some point.
>
> Fair enough, but an upload is in principle no different (e.g., compare
> an upload fixing 5 RC bugs with an [unappropriate] upload with only
> bump Standards-Version). All such metrics need human judgment, but I
> believe the proposed one gives an overall reasonable figure.

Yes, we need to add debian/changelog data into UDD. (Patches welcomed)

Once this is done, we could write a "contributions search tool", that,
given a name and an email address, would scan data sources for
contributions.  (bugs, uploads, mentions in changelog, etc)

Something else that would be interesting to store in UDD is the full bug
logs, as it would allow to list the comments that someone posted to
bugs. That's expensive, but maybe we could only store a subset of
information, like the From, Date, and Subject fields.