Re: [dissenting]: Proposal: Enhance requirements for General resolutions

Le Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 07:26:30AM -0600, Gunnar Wolf a écrit :

> I do believe we have moved quite a bit from this problem, which was
> way more real and bitter several years ago. Today, far more people are
> willing to tone down their discussion patterns, and the discussion
> quality is obviously thus improved.

Hi Gunnar, Sven, and everybody else,

actually in this GR we are seeing the other extreme, which is that the main
supporters of the GR do not explain what problem it is trying to solve, aprart
that the number K is "too low".

So the Project is again going the confrontational way: faction against faction,
with the vote for checking who is stronger, and no discussion between the
parties.

Although I apreciate that there are no insults nor personnal attacks, my
opinion on the level of the discussion about this GR is that it is close to
zero.

I really like Sven's proposal because there what starts a GR is the agreement
that a vote is needed, not the impresson that one faction has strenghened its
position enough to win a confrontation. In that context, having a high treshold
could make sense.

I also like the idea that the success of the GR is the duty of the proposer. I
made some propositions along these lines in the constitutional discussion led
by Matthew. We could also explore other possibilities such as a DPL veto
mechanism. Anyway, the current GR really comes too early. I am not sure it will
make it to the supermajority.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy