Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2008: Marc Brockschmidt

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
> MJ Ray dijo [Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 04:16:15PM +0000]:
> > Well, for example, Marc Brockschmidt has spent time writing a
> > platform, canvassing and campaigning, which he suggested he would not
> > have done if an acceptable candidate had already nominated.  If an
> > acceptable candidate is nominated now, we've lost that time.  [...]
>
> In any case, I hope (haven't read it yet) Marc's platform - But so
> far, I think, loser candidates' platforms have not been a waste of
> time. [...]

Not in general, no, but I'm less convinced about this particular
I-don't-want-to-stand-but-no-one-else-has type.  Also, the effort in
canvassing and campaigning is additional to the platform.  Some DDs
publish occasional manifestoes which also act as thermometers, such as
http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/my_anti-platform:_followup/

Hope that clarifies,
--
MJR/slef