Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2008: Marc Brockschmidt

On 05/03/08 at 13:49 +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Also, I fear a bit that if noone
> candidates, someone I wouldn't like as DPL [1] might throw their hat in
> the ring 5 minutes before the nomination period ends, ending up as the
> only choice next to NOTA on the ballot.

    Constitution for the Debian Project (v1.3)
[...]
5. Project Leader
[...]
  5.2. Appointment
[...]
    6. The options on the ballot will be those candidates who have
       nominated themselves and have not yet withdrawn, plus None Of The
       Above. If None Of The Above wins the election then the election
       procedure is repeated, many times if necessary.

So, nothing too dramatic if what you feared had happened.

Also, the classic answer to "I don't have enough time" is "delegate".
Are you planning, if elected, to create some sort of DPL team? Don't you
think that it will allow you to be a "good enough" DPL despite your lack
of free time?

The same question can be asked as "will you be our "DPL team" candidate,
or are we still looking for someone to fill that role?"