Re: Technical committee resolution

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 6:46 AM, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

>  >  better job of them than other candidates, why deprive the project due
>  >  Clint's law of pointless limitations? [...]
>
>  I feel that the above personalisation of argument is unhelpful.
>
>  I don't believe that we should limit people to one hat, but limiting
>  people to one hat *of this type* might be helpful and merits further
>  consideration.  What is "this type"?  Probably we need to re-sort
>  http://www.debian.org/intro/organization
>  to decide that, if people feel it's a good idea.

I fail to understand why Manoj sees this as such a silly idea, and it
doesn't look good that he disregards ideas in that way, when he's a
interested party. It was also regarded silly the idea of people
leaving the ctte after some term... ideas that to me look entirely
reasonable, and common practice.

I don't know about the tech ctte. but I don't think many people would
argue that many core teams would benefit greatly with those two rules.

--
Martín Ferrari