Re: Technical committee resolution

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 04:55:49PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > than to keep arguing subtle points about judgement.
>
>         Again, your description of your previous posts seems somewhat
>  more flattering than the posts themselves.  Subtle points of judgement
>  while continuing to hector away on other people's lack thereof does not
>  seem to fit.
>
>         I'd be less irritated were your posts less condescending.

I suppose you could consider my opinions an act of patronizing because I was
telling you how I think that you should behave (or rather, how I think you
shouldn't behave). I'm sorry if I offended you, but I thought that I didn't
cross the line of decency in my posts.

Indeed, it does seem a bit strange to use those terms in this context, where
me and the person whose idea you attacked are developers with no particular
elevated position over you, and you are a member of the technical committee.
Don't you see that your blunt rebuke for the idea can easily be understood
as condescension, and that, in that light, it would be more prudent to avoid
the flaming style as well as coarse language?

I'm not saying that tech-ctte members shouldn't have the freedom to discuss
matters on random project mailing lists as they see fit; it would be
unreasonable to expect them to restrain their right to free speech in
random discussions just because they happen to be in that position.
But in a reasonably serious discussion on the composition of the same
committee, IMHO a bit more tact would be in order. Ultimately, for your
own sake, certainly not mine...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.