Re: Technical committee resolution

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 09:45:59PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
[...]

I was hoping for the best, but expecting the worst - I expected a
point-by-point reply <sigh> but I was hoping that I wouldn't see one
because I thought that you would see that I was just trying to explain
the two opposing takes of the bigger picture, which both have some merit.

> > And speaking of judgement - his proposition was to reconsider some
> > rules based on a few data points, and it was reasonably mild and
> > open-ended.  Yet you dismissed it as silly, arbitrary and pointless -
>
>         Bullshit. I did not dismiss his original proposition that people
>  might be overburdened as silly -- I  dismissed his one hat proposal as
>  silly.

Yes, and that would be okay, except that you went down on it in much force,
without really referencing the real reason why it came about. Or, well,
there was one reference to the original proposition - you had immediately
called it a rant.

My take on that is quoted below:

> > IMO, people on whose judgement we depend on to make important
> > decisions for the Project as a whole should put more emphasis on
> > trying to understand other people's perspective than on engaging in an
> > antagonistic debate. And again, whether that opinion of mine is
> > relevant is a matter of judgement for the observers...
>
>         I think I do understand Clint's maverick stance better than you
>  credit me for. I suspect I understand his position better than you do
>  -- we have spent quality time together driving out for groceries
>  ranting about powers that be in Debian.
>
>         So take your own advice, and undersant that I might have a
>  different stance than the one you are jumping to conclusions about.

I'm sorry, but that information isn't really logical to me and the other
observers. We haven't seen anything much to support those claims, but we
have seen a fair share of flaming.

Now I once again hope that you don't reply in such an irritated manner,
but history says to expect it again. :/

Anyway, I'll go away now and try to do something more productive than
to keep arguing subtle points about judgement.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.