Re: Technical committee resolution

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 05:29:07PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         So, I am secretary, and work on debian technical policy; you
>  think this is overloaded with too many responsibilities?  Any tech ctte
>  member worth their salt  would be involved in Debian beyond maintaining
>  packages (if for nothing else to demonstrate they are qualified to be
>  tech ctte members).

I would think that in a project with 1000 alleged active members, we could
easily limit privileged access to one instance per person without any
serious problems.

If each committee member were forced to pick one "hat" of privilege, and
one only, I suspect that fewer than half would pick the ctte as first
choice. If that is not the case, then perhaps the members are worth
their salt after all.

The criteria I would look for in membership selection, if the tech-ctte
actually does need to exist, would include patience, commitment,
rationality, and just enough technical adeptness and communication
ability to understand the issues presented.

I believe you have very different criteria.