Re: Technical committee resolution

dan@debian.org (Daniel Jacobowitz) writes:

> I also think it's an excellent idea.  It gives a rotating source of
> follow-through, instead of relying on one or two members of the
> group who feel differently about the group's obligations to end up
> doing the follow-through (or dropping it and feeling bad about it).

For what it's worth, we've tried rotating responsibilities in a couple of
other ways before, without huge success.  There was the attempt to rotate
the position of chairman on a set schedule, then I tried to assign the set
of then-open bugs against the TC to members using the 'owner' feature in
the BTS to keep up with who was to look after what.  Despite some initial
positive noises, very little concrete action resulted.  [shrug]  Maybe this
is a better recipe.

FWIW, one of the tasks I set myself during Debconf in Edinburgh was to get
all the then-open TC bugs closed through concrete actions.  Since we had a
quorum of committee members present and available for in-person discussion,
it seemed like a good idea.  And it went pretty well, actually.  Likely to
do something like that again this year if we have a quorum of TC members at
Debconf again, and pending issues.

Bdale