Re: Q: Small tasks best on the fly? was: Q: All: Account creation latency

On mer, 2008-03-19 at 16:45 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> It seems logical that everybody who is AM approved has successfully
> passed the various checks.

Yes, but, as we say here: « cela va sans dire, mais ça va encore mieux
en le disant »

(“it goes without saying, but it goes better saying it”, sorry for the
poor translation).

When you register to NM process, you're asked to check boxes if you
agree to Social Contract etc. But those checks aren't really enough.
What you have is to say (somewhere on a signed mail) that you agree.
Currently only the AM receives the mail, and translate this in his AM
report, using a signed mail. And we trust AM that the NM sure has agreed
to DSFG, Social Contract, … It's still a good idea to have, at some
point, the confirmation.

Maybe you'd prefer, like DM, that the mail would be sent, signed, to
debian-nm?

Yves-Alexis