Re: Q: All: Account creation latency

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 09:58:45AM +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> I think the "problem" would be trivial to fix.  The DAM should be the
> party that makes the *policy decision*, and then DSA should be tasked
> with actually creating the account, and keyring-maint with adding the
> key to the debian keyring.
>
> Unfortunately there is no interest on Joerg's side to even consider
> anything other than directly creating the accounts in ldap himself.

I don't think there's been anything else concrete suggested _to_ consider.

If there were a script runnable by DAM that would pass on information
to DSA/keyring-maint, that didn't directly create the accounts but
did entirely remove it from the DAM's responsibility, that'd be almost
exactly as effective, though at that point I can't see a lot of reason
for it not to be a sudo'ed script that does edit ldap directly. Likewise
for submitting a new key to keyring-maint.

But there isn't such a script, no?

Cheers,
aj