Re: Q: Small tasks best on the fly? was: Q: All: Account creation latency

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Is creating accounts really now a sub-two-minute task? If so, that's
> > great, but I believed there was still often a lot of multi-step
> > independent double-checking in that task.
>
> Honestly I don't know. But if it's not, then it gives us at least
> a precise idea of technical improvement: that process must be quick and
> the people in charge of steps before account creation should be able to
> prepare a document ready to be used by a tool that creates the account.
> The review of that document should be enough and the other checks should
> be automated by the tool.

Are you (or any other candidates) arguing for an NM-portfolio, a
document that summarises the applicant in a way that most developers
could understand why the applicant was given an account, if they saw
that document?

Intrigued,
--
MJ Ray (slef)