Re: Resolving the controversy

"Sandro Tosi" <morph@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 13:41, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> >> So, you actually wanna do something to fix those bugs or wanna
> >> simply talk about them?
> >
> > That's a false dichotomy. The talk in this context is regarding
> > whether they are DFSG violations at all.
>
> Really? so can you please show us what you've done to fix them?

You seem to have missed what I said: In order to have *anyone* fix
them, they need to be acknowledged as DFSG violations. That's what is
being discussed: whether certain freedoms are or are not DFSG
violations (and therefore bugs).

Demanding credentials from me personally doesn't seem to be addressing
the point.

> You're discussing docs for a project you're NOT part of

Does that change whether what I say is true or false?

As it happens I am a part of the Debian project. But that shouldn't
matter, and I'll ask you to kindly stop attacking people instead of
arguments.

> and you're proposing resolutions/suggestions you can NOT even vote
> for or against; I can't see the point.

The point is to encourage rational discussion of fact and principle,
and discourage false arguments, about a resolution to the foundational
documents of the project. Documents whose promise I very much want
upheld by all project members, whether they can vote or not.

If all you're interested in doing is demanding my credentials and
painting me as an outsider, I don't think this contributes to the
discussion at all.

--
 \          “Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; |
  `\    those in philosophy only ridiculous.” —David Hume, _A Treatise |