Re: Call for seconds: DFSG violations in Lenny

Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> writes:
> Robert Millan wrote:

>> So do I.  If the project grants them an exception to release Lenny (like we
>> did for Sarge and Etch), I'll support that too.

> To start the same bullshit again for the next release, a few days before
> the release?

This is exactly why I'm going to be voting for one of the options that
modifies the foundation documents and establishes a permanent and
unambiguous decision.  I think this has gone on far, far too long and
wastes way too much time and energy, and it's clear that it's never going
to be considered resolved short of a modification of the foundation
documents, given that hardware requirements for firmware are not going to
magically disappear.