Re: Discussion period: GR: DFSG violations in Lenny

[forwarding for Sven Luther, unedited and uncensored]
[Johannes Wiedersich]

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 07:42:47PM +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

> Robert Millan wrote:
> > If the project as a whole determines that the Release Team is empowered to
> > make exceptions to SC #1 as they see fit, I would accept it [1].
>
> Please stop repeating in an endless loop that the Release Team must focus
> on SC #1, while you are ignoring SC #4. Else I will keep repeating ad
> nauseam that debian promises its users in SC #4 to "provide an integrated
> system of high-quality materials". I don't consider an OS that depends
> for installation (and basic network functionality) on software outside
> its installation media an 'integrated system' [1].

Is it not for that that SC #5 is there and that we provide the non-free
infrastructure ?

What is so difficult about providing good support for non-free ? You
accuse Robert to go into an endless repeating loop, bt the argumentation
you are used where already present in the etch non-free firmware vote,
as well as in the non-free support vote of even earlier.

Please forward this mail to the list, as i am being censored,

Sadly,

Sven Luther