Re: Draft ballot for Proceedural Vote: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:10:54AM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:58:19AM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> > Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> writes:
> > > I think option 3 means the same as option 1.  The decision stands and we
> > > can later overrule it by a full GR if we want.  Or does option 1 mean that
> > > we'll also have this 2 week discussion period followed by a full GR?
> >
> > It's the reverse. The sponsorship of 2K people automatically put the
> > DAM decision on hold, and the vote needs to override that automation.
> > Thus the FD choice is the same as the "decision stays on hold".
>
> This vote is 4.2.2.4:
>          4. If the decision is put on hold, an immediate vote is held to
>             determine whether the decision will stand until the full vote
>             on the decision is made or whether the implementation of the
>             original decision will be delayed until then. There is no
>             quorum for this immediate procedural vote.
>
> I had to read this a few times.  But now my understanding is that
> the decision is on hold until the procedural vote, and that it will
> be followed by a GR.  The procedural vote just says if the decision
> stands or is put on hold between the procedural vote and the GR.

Correct. We've not had this occur before, so I'll try and make sure it's
clear on the ballot. Expect an update later today :)

Neil
--
< vorlon> We need a fresher website - WordPress is the perfect solution, that
way the website can get a new look every time a script kiddie comes up with a