Re: Draft ballot for Proceedural Vote: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 11:20:30PM +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Hi Neil
>
> Thanks for the prompt clarification.
>
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 09:49:33PM +0000, Neil McGovern wrote:

> > > What does "Further discussion" mean in the context of this vote? I think
> > > there should be no "Further discussion" on the ballot, as it is not clear
> > > what would happen if "Further discussion" wins. Would the decision still
> > > be suspended or not?
> > >

> > If Further discussion wins, the decision remains delayed[0]. I thought
> > about removing it, but it's inclusion serves as a 'I abstain' or a 'I
> > think this vote is rubbish' or similar.
>
> Then basically Choice 2 and 3 are the same. I think you could also express
> 'I abstain' by not ranking any choices at all. But as long as everybody agrees
> on what happens if either of the options wins, this is only a minor problem.
>
> > I can either drop it, or include a bit of text in the ballot about what
> > outcomes mean if you like.
>
> I would like an explanaiton on the ballot to avoid confusion.

It seems to me that what has been proposed and sponsored is option 2, and
the constitutions seems to say that a GR should follow in that case.  I
see no reason to have option 1 on the ballot.

I assume if option 2 passes that a discussion period of 2 weeks will
follow this procedural vote?  I also assume that that GR already has
1 option on it, what Joerg's mail announced.

I think option 3 means the same as option 1.  The decision stands and we
can later overrule it by a full GR if we want.  Or does option 1 mean that
we'll also have this 2 week discussion period followed by a full GR?

Kurt