Re: Draft ballot for Proceedural Vote: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.

Le Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:21:41AM +0100, Joerg Jaspert a écrit :

> As I already explained none of this is implemented yet. None of this
> will be implemented within the next few weeks.

Joerg,

in your answer to Aurélien, you wrote that your announcment was "a new policy
to get implemented". But some of this policy does not need technical work to
take effect. Same that a DD who lost his GPG key is still a DD, some DME could
be appointed despite not having all the technical possibilities mentionned in
the new policy.

If by "none of this is implemented yet" you mean that you do not yet intend to
apply the new policy you decided, I think that we can indeed drop this vote to
save some work.

Nevertheless, it is not only the implementation that is to be suspended by this
GR, but the "new policy" itself. For the moment you are standing alone with it:
other delegates, the Project leader, or the Project secretary, whom you all
mentionned having consulted, none of them have supported the new policy
formally. On the other hand, there are many developers who either disagree with
the method or the contents or both, and even some that think that you do not
have the appropriate delegation for taking it.

We all have the same goal, making Debian more open, but disagree ont the means.
Let's discuss instead of just checking who has the right to impose his opinion
on the others.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy