Re: Final call for votes for the debian project leader election 2008

Joey Hess wrote:
> Adeodato Simó wrote:
>> I, too, think that the quoted sentence above from Manoj is just plain
>> inappropriate in a message sent with the Secreatary hat on.
>
> I personally, don't belive in this "hat" concept that seems to have
> infested the project. When I write a mail, *I* am writing the mail, it
> doesn't matter in what capacity I am doing so. I also don't wear hats[1].

Yes, you also don't use different email addresses in the From-header, do
you?

Everything that is sent as secretary@d.o is seen as official posts from
the project just like things sent from dpl@d.o only in different
capacities...

>> I hopefully won't post more to this thread, though I'd be curious to
>> know if other people think the above is just fine to say on d-d-a, or
>> just don't care at all, or else.
>
> I like to see people being themselves on d-d-a, and not some simalacrum
> of a role that they're pretending has ursurped their personality.

I guess I also should send some personal opinions about some packages
(or maybe even maintainers) in the Bits from the Release Team...

I really don't get why people think it *is* appropriate to include
personal opinions in these kind of posts...

Cheers

Luk