Re: Constitutional amendment: reduce the length of DPL election process

On ti, 2007-07-31 at 23:04 +0200, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > Speaking as someone who once almost was a candidate, I would like to
> > point out that a two-year commitment is rather more difficult to make
> > for many people than a one-year commitment. That is not a reason to
> > avoid doing it, but it should be considered.
>
> Note that you're still free to step down after one year, so that's
> hardly a problem (of course it's better if you announce your intention
> to serve only for one year during the campaign...).

"I know the job is for two years, but I only want to do half the job, so
please vote for me, I'm better than those others who are willing to do
the whole job."

I would not vote for such a candidate; I would not be such a candidate.
Your mileage may vary, of course: I am not suggesting my sense of doing
the right thing is the right one for everyone.

--
You need fewer comments, if you choose your names carefully.