Re: Constitutional amendment: reduce the length of DPL election process

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:

> While we're at it, I've long felt that a one-year DPL term is just too
> short (because a DPL needs to spend a few months to get worked in, and
> can't do all that much when the next election is about to turn up for
> fear of being accused to be campaigning, often leaving only slightly
> over half a year or so of time for real work to be done). If more people
> feel like it, I'll draft up an amendment that turns it into a two-year
> term, or so.

I will definitely second such a proposal, unless former DPLs come forward
to say that this just wouldn't work for some reason.  I've felt the same
thing for a while as well.  One year isn't much time to get anything done;
it's barely enough time to build up the rapport required to start getting
things done.