Re: Constitutional amendment: reduce the length of DPL election process

Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> While we're at it, I've long felt that a one-year DPL term is just too
> short (because a DPL needs to spend a few months to get worked in, and
> can't do all that much when the next election is about to turn up for
> fear of being accused to be campaigning, often leaving only slightly
> over half a year or so of time for real work to be done). If more people
> feel like it, I'll draft up an amendment that turns it into a two-year
> term, or so.

I'd probably second that, but I'd really appreciate hearing from past
and present DPLs, as well as DPL candidates, to decide how to vote on
it.

PS, probably too obvious to mention, but such an amendment needs to only
take effect at the next election cycle.

--
see shy jo