Re: Constitutional amendment: reduce the length of DPL election process

Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> wrote:

> Speaking as someone who once almost was a candidate, I would like to
> point out that a two-year commitment is rather more difficult to make
> for many people than a one-year commitment. That is not a reason to
> avoid doing it, but it should be considered.

Note that you're still free to step down after one year, so that's
hardly a problem (of course it's better if you announce your intention
to serve only for one year during the campaign...).

I'd rather see something added to the proposal that would allow us to
remove the DPL after one year without having to go through a recall. A
mid-term 2-week vote or something.

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>