Re: On the "Debian Maintainers" GR

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> Le samedi 28 juillet 2007 =E0 19:55 +0100, Matthew Garrett a =E9crit :
>> Sure, "Don't quit Debian then" is a valid response (though I'm perhaps=20
>> old-fashioned in terms of thinking that as a full member of an=20
>> organisation I have a duty to participate in its democratic process,=20
>> which I'm not enthusiastic about)=20
>
> Given e.g. usual vote statistics, there are a number of developers who
> simply maintain their packages without any care for the political side
> of Debian, so it looks feasible, provided that you aren't too
> emotionally attached to the project per se.

It's a perfectly understandable viewpoint, just not one I'm happy with.
As I said, the worst case for me is that I upload stuff to Debian less
often - I certainly don't expect Debian to change policies just to make
my life easier. I've no strong opinions on the more general case, and I
certainly don't think I'm in any position whatsoever to tell Debian what
to do.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.vote@srcf.ucam.org