Re: On the "Debian Maintainers" GR

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:54:24 +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:

> > I don't see a contradiction here; on the contrary I can imagine that
> > DMs take some work off the shoulders of DDs in teams.
> In teams, commit rights to the repository are enough for that. So, what
> is the point?

(Again, from my experience in the pkg-perl group:)
Keeping the packages in svn and in the archive in sync is not that
easy; sometimes the overview about pending uploads gets lost in a
bunch of mails with upload requests by non-DDs and notices by DDs
("uploaded foo", "working on bar", ...).

It's no grave problem, and we're working on improving keeping the
overview in the Debian Perl Group. But still, the possibility of
making uploads for non-DDs might slightly ease the situation.

Cheers,
gregor
 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Tina Turner: I Don't Wanna Lose You