Re: On the "Debian Maintainers" GR

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 07:44:19PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 07:16:34PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Some people are not technically good enough to be full DD (at least as
> > long as we'll have the same set of Task&Skills checks).
> This is wrong in so many ways.
> You don't need a horribly high level of technical skills to be a Debian
> Developer.

Note that at least one member of the front desk is on the record as
disagreeing:

] The average (in)competence of DDs is what makes me believe that non-DDs
] shouldn't get to upload whatever software they would like to
] package. [...]

    -- http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/06/msg00078.html

] Yes. It should be. Granting permissions on an archive used by a few
] thousand people *should be painful*, as it needs consideration.

    -- http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/06/msg00095.html

] Sorry, I believe that there groups in Debian that are too small (like
] the ftp-team) and groups that are far too big (like the number of people
] with full upload rights for everything).

    -- http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/06/msg00104.html

Cheers,
aj