Re: On the "Debian Maintainers" GR

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 23:27:12 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> > I don't see a contradiction here; on the contrary I can imagine that
> > DMs take some work off the shoulders of DDs in teams.
> I fail to see how. More pet packages mean more work

I was not thinking about those "pet packages" but about existing
packages that are maintained by existing teams where now non-DDs
already do part of the work but then always have to bother a DD when
it comes to uploading.
Maybe I'm wrong but I guess some DDs in those teams might appreciate
the lesser work.

Cheers,
gregor, member of the pkg-perl team, non-DD
 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: The Eagles: Lyin' eyes