Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal - Use Cases

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 02:50:59PM +0100, Anthony Towns wrote:
>> So here's a proposal for the Debian Maintainers idea that's been floating
>> around for some time now [...]
>> I've used terms like "initial policy" quite a bit -- [...]
>
> Shortly before leaving DebConf someone (whose name I've forgotten,
> sadly) suggested that some sample use cases for the DM process might be
> useful. Here's some that come to my mind:

That was me.

I suggest(ed) that the ballot should either contain or reference
usecases, which can be implemented by this GR. In my conversations with
other DDs I got the impressen that the resolution text is quite dry, and
people might not be able to actually figure out what consequences that
proposal can have if it passes.

I think the list of usecases is pretty interesting. Some of them (DD on
probation) sound very intersting and realisitic to implement from me,
I'd like to hear comments from ftp-master on that. In order to faciliate
discussion, I'd suggest to move the list to a wiki. I have only quite
limited net access right now, so maybe someone else is faster than me
with moving the Anthony's list along with comments to
http://wiki.debian.org. Thanks!

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4