Re: Re:%20Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 10:22:48AM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> * Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [070625 20:45]:
> > You're already doing that in the sense that
> > uploading such a package already instructs the BTS to forwards filed
> > bugs to that person.
> For that there luckily is pts subscription available. (So those bugs
> cannot be hidden by closing them before I see them in the sponsored
> section on my qa.debian.org/developer.php list).
> At least for me the current proposal would make deciding to sponsor
> something much harder.

The easiest way to avoid that problem would be to require a new field in
the package "DM-Upload: okay" to allow DM uploads, as well as an entry
in the Maintainer:/Uploaders: field. That way sponsoring as is currently
done means exactly what it currently means, but adding an extra field
to the control file allows the non-DD maintainer to upload directly.

Cheers,
aj