Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 12:40:43PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> So in the end, I see the DM concept as an opportunity to strenghen the
> training and mentoring aspect of the NM process,

  Maybe that's why I differ. NM is not a training staging area.
Sponsoring is supposed to come first, hence passing NM in 36 hours like
I did is perfectly right and appropriate.

  With that in mind, I'd say that if we want to help NM's in the way you
describe, we should maybe try to give them upload rights when they got
P&P right (because that's the strict minimum) and the AM or sponsors
could enable him uploads right for some packages. That sounds right. I'm
not sure DM does, because it's a completely different matter that it
addresses.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit