Re: Proposal: GR to deal with effects of a personal dispute

Hallo! Du (Josselin Mouette) hast geschrieben:

> > 2. However, Sven Luther should be allowed onto lists where Q posters
> > request it, where Q is half of the square root of the number of
> > posters last month.
>
> I'd like to know what the listmasters think of this proposal.
>
> First, is it reasonable to do, technically speaking, and how heavy a
> burden would it place on you?

formalized this would have to be handled like the creation of a list,
so someone would file a bug against lists.debian.org, get supporters,
we count someday and act accordingly. (would be a 2minute job)

> Second, do you fundamentally disagree with such an idea, or was it not
> done until now because you were waiting for stronger requests from the
> project?

politically... we don't want to be list police. we don't speak enough
languages and don't have the time to do that.

We run the lists, we have more enough to do to keep the spam level
low.

So the step-in and adding a ban on someone personal is an action of
last resort (and was in fact a result of strong requests), when
all other things fail (and it takes really at least two for a
flamewar).

If we really want to control about who is allowed to post to a
spoecific list, then we should switch over to moderation, and that has
to be handled by a moderators-team, which leaves the burden on other
people.

The current status quo, with one person banned from posting to
d-project is fine for me, i currently see no reason to extend the ban,
i more think about lifting that ban again someday, but for now we keep
an eye on the situation.

 Cord, Listmaster, but not nessecarily speaking for the Listmaster-team.