Re: Proposal: GR to deal with effects of a personal dispute

Le jeudi 31 mai 2007 à 11:03 +0000, Cord Beermann a écrit :
> politically... we don't want to be list police. we don't speak enough
> languages and don't have the time to do that.
>
> We run the lists, we have more enough to do to keep the spam level
> low.
>
> So the step-in and adding a ban on someone personal is an action of
> last resort (and was in fact a result of strong requests), when
> all other things fail (and it takes really at least two for a
> flamewar).
>
> If we really want to control about who is allowed to post to a
> spoecific list, then we should switch over to moderation, and that has
> to be handled by a moderators-team, which leaves the burden on other
> people.

Without making the lists moderated, having a moderation team, that would
be entitled to take such radical measures when necessary, would be an
improvement in this direction.

I guess that joins the "social committee" idea, although I don't like it
much because it would mean a group of people would know better than
others how to behave.

--
 .''`.