Re: A question to the Debian community ...

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 12:34:47PM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 12:29:56PM +0200, Sven Luther <luther@debian.org> wrote:

> > > So what is the count that DAMs received?  I mean, if one says that's wrong,
> > > then one should know what is right in order to say that.
> >
> > I use the 70:7 statistic, after having counted the actual mails to
> > -private, leaving out the dubious ones, in order to be fair to the other
> > side.
>
> Considering DAMs expressed explicitely that opinions should be sent
> directly to them, how can you consider mails to -private as a metric ?

I know only what i can measure.

The DAMs in this matter acted as a nebulous dark spot. They have not
provided any evidence supporting the procedure of the expulsion, they
have not provided the signed mails of supporters, they have not provided
the dates of the supporter mails. When they finally reached their
decision, they have only assembled a list of hateful things people said
against me, without even bothering to check what part of it was truth
and which was lies and plain diffamation. We cannot even check on it,
because they obscured the provenance of those mails.

Furthermore, i personnally meet James Troup sunday afternoon on FOSDEM,
and even exchanged a few words with him, a day after the expulsion
procedure notification was sent to me, and he said nothing to me, not
even, have you received the mail in question.

The whole expulsion procedure is sick, bad, even evil, as it currently
stands, the DAMs are fully unqualified to judge on such a matter, and
don't measure the gravity of what was happening, and this whole
procedure and its resolution are more akin to a verbal lynch-mob than
any semblance of justice.

So, in a 70:7 way, people on d-p where strongly or very strongly opposed
to the expulsion, yet most of them where ignored, or only smallly
represented.

If the DAMs have received so many private mails, then let them claim so,
and provide the gpg signed mails to a trusted party for verification,
but in the current state of the procedure and the events, it is nothing
but a set of non-transparent shameful dealing in the darkness, and the
procedure should be reformed.

Saddened,

Sven Luther