Re: A question to the Debian community ...

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:14:59AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
> > Do you recognize that reinstating Sven's access would not be a resolution,
> > since he has a long list of other grievances he likes to air publically, and
> > that no resolution to the present problem would be satisfactory to Sven
> > other than his reinstatement?
>
> I think some reinstatement is a vital part of any resolution.  I think that
> d-i core access reinstatement is unworkable, even though I think its removal
> was very badly done.  I'm not sure whether Sven is unsatisfiable: Sven, what
> within the boundaries above would satisfy you?

I have said so uncountable times already. But i will repeat this for you
here.

I am open to any resolution of this issue which is both fair and just. I
guess everyone recognize, at least in private, that the current handling
of the situation, was neither fair, nor effective, and that the only
messures where ever increasing attempts to punish me in order to tame
me, while giving full reason to the other party.

I believe that any solution to such an issue, will recognize the faults
of both sides equally, and distribute the punishement in an equal way
also, or preferably, not actually deal any punishement but try to find a
workeable consensus.

I have asked for this since over a year now, both in private
conversation with Anthony, and others, who insisted to held such
negotiation non-publicly. I have not seen this happen though, and i defy
anyone to actually honestly come up and say this is the case.

I understand that the other party in this dispute are on the victorious
side, and are unwilling to make any concession, and apparently are
menacing to cease all debian involvement if things don't go their way,
as Joey Hess did on the wiki pages.

This is not an acceptable situation to me, and if the other party of
this dispute is unable to do the decent thing, at least the debian
project as a whole should not silently approve to their behaviour like
it has done for over a year now, but give them a public blame for making
no effort to resolve the issue.

I also expect them to stop the constant agressions i have suffered from
them this last year, especially the totally unprovoked ones, like the
expulsion request re-activation at the start of february, which was
totally unwarranted. And i want that people like Holger stop their
diffamations and manipulations, and in general behaving like lying
bastards. Especially as they supported the expulsion request accusing me
of exactly the same things they are doing themselves.

I don't care about d-i access, if it comes to that, i will fork the d-i
parts i need, and so be it, the d-i team and debian as a whole will be
the looser for that, but there is nothing i can do about it. It has been
(from memory) over 6 months since i last asked for d-i commit access
restoration, maybe more by now. But i also want a possible fork of d-i
or other infrastructure to be considered fairly for a possible
replacement of the stuff of the other camp.

Does this sound so outlandish ? Is not everything i ask only what every
DD could expect in full fairness ? And could anyone object to it yet
regain their own good concience ?

> > Does this mean that you will be submitting a GR to have Sven banned from the
> > mailing lists?
>
> Yes.

Oh well, and if this does not succeed in silencing me, will you also
resort to hiring goons to punish me physically, or eliminate me ? What
is the next step ?

It is amazing to what step people can resort just to silence the voice
of their own concience and don't be reminded of their shame.

Saddened,

Sven Luther